One of the questions may be used to measure social capital of the kids on the halloween night is “if you were given lots of candy, who would you share your candy to?” The fun facts provided by National Confectioners Association give the answer that for kids ages 6-11 year olds, they would…
- Share some with their family, 66 percent
- Share the candy with their friends, 64 percent
- Give some to their teacher, 26 percent
- Keep it all for themselves, 7 percent
- Don’t know what they would do, 2 percent
Interestingly enough, although 66 percent of kids in the States would like to share their candies to their family, ninety (90%) percent of parents admit to sneaking goodies from their kids’ Halloween trick-or-treat bags.